Re: RPM Repositories

Oliver Ruebenacker wrote:
    Dear friends,

 What RPM repositories can you recommend? Which can be access via
yum? Which are worth putting in the yum config file, and how?

 Software I might need includes: Scientific computing, software
development, Java, Eclipse, web design, openoffice, VPN.

 Thank you!

    Take care
    Oliver

Your needs are similar to mine.

I have to agree with Axel's comments. Most of the software you need is available in core/extras. There are some other items that are only on a specific repo so it would depend on the application you want to use/try.

As I am constantly looking for software, I like using Yumex as it allows me to search for application by keyword in a GUI. I have just changed from gnome to KDE and I have yet to really try kyum but it looks like it will do the same as yumex.

--
Due to the move to M$ Exchange Server,
   anything that is a priority, please phone.