Re: Installing ATI drivers

On 11/05/07, Kevin J. Cummings <cummings@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I have a Radeon X1600 Mobility chipset in my laptop.
What I did:

Install fglrx X11 drivers and the appropriate kernel module.
Configure the xorg.conf file.  Make sure that it includes:

Section "Module"
        load "GLcore"
        load "glx"
        load "dri"

Section "DRI"
        Group 0
        Mode 0666
EndSection

Section "Extensions"
        Option "Composite" "Disable"  # this makes DRI work with fglrx
EndSection

GoogleEarth now runs just fine.

Thank you very, very much Kevin! With these additions to xorg.conf,
plus another addition, I can run 1680x1050 resolution, and Google
Earth runs just fine! This has really saved me, and help make the
lappy a lot more productive. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Dotan Cohen