Re: FC6, USB keyboard, and power button

Jonathan Underwood wrote:
On 08/05/07, Ian Chapman <packages@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
It's certainly possible. The first step is to run xev from the command
line whilst in X. It'll open a little window. Make sure the window is
selected and you can see the terminal output. Press the button a few
times and remember the keycode it produces.

Thanks for your reply Ian.

Sorry, I should've been clearer - I tried this, but pressing the
button doesn't generate any keycodes at all.

Also, running

watch -n 0.1 cat /proc/interrupts

and pressing the button I refer to doesn't generate any new interrupts.

So I'm thinking this just isn't going to work. Shame.

Jonathan

From the Lineak install guide: http://lineak.sourceforge.net

USB keyboards may not work or just partially. If possible, use PS/2 for the time being. If this isn't possible, email the X.org development or Linux USB mailing list. Tell them the make and model keyboard you have, and what scancodes are not generating events.