RE: Still trouble with Livna NVidia drivers

On Sat, 5 May 2007, Stewart Adam wrote:

Hi Matthew,

I think I discovered why this has been occurring. livna-config-display,
the new library developed to edit various configuration files keeps a
status file in /etc/sysconfig/livna-config-display that it uses to
"remember" various things such as the driver to restore on shutdown and
your glx configuration (Xgl, AIGLX, None or manual).

We don't have a script to auto-generate this file, so if the driver is
disabled before livna-config-display is installed it never gets saved
properly and that's why the error shows up when trying to enable...
Can you try placing the following text
into /etc/sysconfig/livna-config-display:

[Configuration]
active = True
olddriver = nv
preconfigured = aiglx

[ManualOptions]
composite = True
gdmxgl = False
aiglxflag = True
compsite = True
kdmxgl = False

If the errors stop then it confirms my thoughts.

It appears I already had /etc/sysconfig/livna-config-display, containing:

[Configuration]
active = True
olddriver = nv
preconfigured = aiglx

[ManualOptions]
composite = True
aiglxflag = True
kdmxgl = False
gdmxgl = False

I removed the livna-config-display rpm and re-installed xorg-x11-drv-nvidia. That pulled in livna-config-display and kmod-nvidia. After a few tries, I finally got yum to download all three RPMs successfully. When xorg-x11-drv-nvidia installed (last in sequence), I got the above error messages again, but the installation completed and rpm -qV verified all three RPMs. On reboot, the NVidia driver loaded and (so far) appears to be functioning.

Thanks,
Stewart

--
		Matthew Saltzman