Re: kernel upgrade with yum removed old kernels

Kam Leo wrote:

I entered a RFE (request for enhancement) for the installonlyn plugin
asking for the ability to shield/retain specific version of the
kernel. I was shot down.

Right. That's outside the scope of the plugin.

Upon reflection I realized that yum updates
worked fine before installonlyn was developed. In my case there is no
need for it. If I find too many kernels are installed I just remove
those I do not want.

Of course you will. Others find it useful. absolute statements are no good here.

The phrase "in addition to" is incorrect. It should be "includes". You
get a maximum of two kernels; that is, if you already have two kernels
installed then an update will remove the oldest.

Behavior got changed and I am not a native speaker. We aren't going to fix the FC5 release notes after all this period. It provides the gist of the information that is required to understand what's going on and change the configuration if required. That should serve the purpose.

Rahul