Re: Grub problem

Casey Stamper wrote:
Tod wrote:
I'm trying to stabilize a RH9 machine so I can upgrade to FC6. For some reason GRUB is ignoring the timeout and upon reboot leaves the boot screen up without ever booting the default image.

Has anyone ever heard of this.  Anything I can check?

Thanks - Tod

I think I've seen this when I edited the menu.lst and mistakenly changed the default = x line to reflect an nonexistent choice (wasn't thinking - was numbering them 1, 2, 3, 4 instead of 0, 1, 2, 3) and I put the default as 4 instead of 3. You might look at that.

Thanks, checked that already. I'm wondering if it isn't the version of grub RH9 uses. I can't seem to find any RH9 updates when running yum check-update. Maybe I'll try it manually.