Re: Home Lan with D-Link DI-604

Mikkel L. Ellertson wrote:
Carlos Alberto Alves wrote:
I took a look at /sbin/ifconfig and, in fact, it says exactly what you
said it would (the addresses are not the same). I will try network
connection tomorrow and let you know the outcome.

Looking at the DI-604 manual, you should have no problem assigning
static IP addresses to your machines using the router's DHCP setup.
If you go the the routers WEB setup page, and click on the DHCP
button, there is a section to assign static IP addresses based on
MAC address.

"Static DHCP is used to allow DHCP server to assign same IP address
to specific MAC address"

You should be able to grab the MAC address on that same page. They
should be listed in the "Dynamic DHCP Client List" section at the
bottom of the page for the currently connected computers. You can
then add the IP/host name information to /etc/hosts on both
machines, and be all set.

Mikkel

That's exactly what I was talking about. I will have to check with the support people at radio wave ISP. They own the router and I am not supposed to change its configuration.
:|

* Carlos Alberto Alves                       *
* Child Neurologist                          *
* Systems Analyst/ASUS Certified Professional*
* Rio de Janeiro, Brazil                     *
* Skype: carlos-aa                           *
* mailto:drcaa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx                *
* mailto:drcaa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx             *