Re: Keep a console to be like rhgb

On Wed, 2 May 2007, Leo wrote:

----- Mikkel L. Ellertson (2007-05-02) wrote:-----

BTW, where to look at? Fedoraproject.org?

I am using the framebuffer by passing vga=792 to kernel at boot. It
supports only 8 colors and no widescreen resolution.

Best,

I have not played with it, but you could try adding video=intelfb to
your grub boot line, and see how it works. (I used it with lilo by
adding it to the append= section using other video cards.) You can
also specify the mode you want as well as other options. I first ran
into it when running Linux on a Sparc Station II - you have to use
the frame buffer for the console, as there isn't a native text mode.

Mikkel

I am getting closer ;)

However, I wonder what do you to do to load intelfb module. I try to
pass `video=intelfb' to kernel, nothing happened I guess it is because
intelfb is not loaded.

In /etc/sysconfig/mkinitrd, include the line,

	MODULES="intelfb"

(create it if it doesn't exist). Then rebuild your initrd. With that config file set up, future kernel installs will automatically build intelfb into the initrd.

Best,

--
		Matthew Saltzman

Clemson University Math Sciences