Re: Memory Issue

Are you using a 64 or 32 bit version of Fedora 6?

Cheers, Jan

On 5/2/07, Jegadeesh <kovaiteam@xxxxxxxxx > wrote:
Hi,

I have 4GB memory in my machine . The machine is four Intel(R) Xeon(R)
CPU - 1.60GHz  processors box. The bios correctly shows 4GB memory.
Initially the machine had Redhat Enterprise Linux 3 on it and the
machine showed all 4GB memory . Now I have reinstalled the OS to FC6 .
But now machine shows only 3 GB memory.

We have tried recompiling the linux kernel with following options but
still it didnt show all the available memory (4GB)
Method :1

    CONFIG_HIGHMEM4G=y
    CONFIG_HIGHMEM=y

Method : 2

   CONFIG_HIGHMEM64G=y
   CONFIG_HIGHMEM=y

We have also tried passing boot option mem=4096M  to the kernel
without any luck.

What it could be the reason? How to fix this issue?

Thanks in advance,
-Jegadeesh