Re: Installation problem of FC6

On 4/23/07, Aaron Konstam <akonstam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Mon, 2007-04-23 at 10:22 -0800, Kam Leo wrote:
> On 4/23/07, Aaron Konstam <akonstam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > > The OP is inquiring about using "linux text" when installing for the first time.
> > > Use the documentation from RHEL 5 to learn more:
> > > http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/enterprise/RHEL-5-manual/Installation_Guide-en-US/s1-guimode-textinterface-x86.html
> > >
> > I would belive view if you could explain what he means by expert mode.
>
> Used for certain in RHL-9,.
> http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/linux/RHL-9-Manual/install-guide/s1-x86-starting.html
> .
> Don't recall if it was in FC-1 or later. Most users have gravitated to
> the GUI so this is probably too old for you.

Ok, we find out that something called expert mode existed 5 years ago in
RH 9. Does it exist now?

In any case it has nothing to do with the question the OP was asking. He
wanted to install third party drivers for his hardware. I can't see how
expert mode would helpp since it could install drivers only that existed
on the install media.

Did you even bother to read about "linux dd" or the links I gave in
the previous messages?  The HP link is a good example of installing a
driver that is not included with the install media.