Re: [FC6] How to Read LVM enabled Disk?

Previously I was using FC5 with 40GB HDD with default partition option
provided during installation ( /boot,/,swap and rest is bulk free
space). In same computer I am trying to install FC6 in my new 160GB
drive and remove the old FC5. Now after installing FC6 in new drive, I
connected the old FC5 disk as slave drive. When I used GParted to see
info in the slave drive, it only shows the /boot partition as ext3 and
rest(/ partion) as unknown. Trying to mount the FC5 drive give me the
device busy or unkown partion error. I actually wanted to transfer
some files from my FC5 to my new FC6 drive.

However,  I tried to do the reverse which is boot from FC5 disk and
mounted FC6 disk (which was manually partitioned without LVM) and it
worked. Even if was able to do my job, I am still curious about how to
mount the LVM enabled drives in the case (supposingly) when  its not
bootable?

I am sure I am not the only one with this problem....:-)

Hi Deepak

http://tldp.org/HOWTO/LVM-HOWTO/recipemovevgtonewsys.html

HTH

Stu@

--
Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.