Re: Fedora 6 strange hangs

Latest development...

My laptop has just hung again and just before that I could see from my other pc sshed to the laptop that

1) kded had gone to 100% CPU

until the laptop finally hanged on

2) klogd on 100% CPU

and I lost the ssh connection and I had to perform a hard reboot!

Can anyone spot anything or suggest anything :-)

Thanks again
Al

ann kok wrote:
Hi all

I also encounter this problem

I used the fedora 6 update button to update the
packages last Friday

After reboot, it keeps hanging after few minutes.

--- Al Graziano <al.graziano@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

In perfect Murphy's law style.. I'm now monitoring
CPU usage from another machine sshed into mine and nothing is happening. I was anyway using the top command before but only after I was experiencing the slow down but didn't see anything suspicious. Let's wait
and see.

Could anyone point out how to identify the events
that make my system to beep occasionally. It is annoying for one thing! And for the other it may be trying to alert me of something but I don't
know what

Thanks
Al

Chris Rouch wrote: