Re: Why most run Microsoft, not RedHat

Today Tim did spake thusly:

Tim:
I mentioned MSN specifically, as in the past, I had cause to resolve
that problem.  Microsoft, at that time, did not make public what you
needed to do, the only information was third party, and incorrect.
Later on, I did find some information from Microsoft about it, but it
didn't work.

Scott van Looy:
Never ever had a problem with this or finding out what I needed to
from the 'net. port80 originally, then port 443 and 80 when they
decided to turn on SSL. That and 1863 for the initial handshake -
which has always been fairly well documented as far as I can see, I've
found references to this going back at least 4 years in a brief
search ;)

Then try the other bits - file transfers working in both directions,
audio, video...  Didn't work as the advice advised.

Most certainly did or I'd not have got it working, would I?

--
Scott van Looy - email:me@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx | web:www.ethosuk.org.uk
site:www.freakcity.net - the in place for outcasts since 2003

He who attacks the fundamentals of the American broadcasting industry
attacks democracy itself.
		-- William S. Paley, chairman of CBS