puplet / yum-updatesd

Please Cc: me on any replies.  Thanks.

I'll try fedora-list now since I got no response on fedora-test-list.
Perhaps this is a user support question, not a testing question.

I need some help troubleshooting puplet and yum-updatesd so I can
provide useful bug reports.  I'm ready to tackle these issues head-on
again now that I am running rawhide.

I have a freshly installed F7/development system on a new partition.
The old /home partition is mounted so I have my user files that have
lived on this /home since FC6, FC5, FC4, etc.  I have never ever seen
a puplet bubble pop up on this system under my user account ever since
puplet existed.  As far as I can tell, puplet and yum-updatesd are
running:

cra       4286  0.0  0.6  25484 12928 ?        S    17:47:53 00:00:00
/usr/bin/python -tt /usr/bin/puplet

root     22013  0.0  2.8  72356 58604 pts/2    S    20:05:06 00:00:15
/usr/bin/python /usr/sbin/yum-updatesd

My config is default:

[main]
# how often to check for new updates (in seconds)
run_interval = 3600
# how often to allow checking on request (in seconds)
updaterefresh = 600

# how to send notifications (valid: dbus, email, syslog)
emit_via = dbus

# automatically install updates
do_update = no
# automatically download updates
do_download = no
# automatically download deps of updates
do_download_deps = no

I'm running the latest:

>rpm -qf `which puplet`
pirut-1.3.6-1.fc7
>rpm -qf `which yum-updatesd`
yum-updatesd-3.1.6-1.fc7

How do I start figuring out what is going on here?  There must be
something wrong in my dotfiles somewhere, since I have had puplet work
on other systems.  It also works in a new test account I created on
this system.

Thanks.