Re: Why most run Microsoft, not RedHat

On Apr 18 Jim Cornette did spake thusly:

Scott van Looy wrote:

I've never needed to, having been able to rescue windows in all situations. Plus I partition my disks so all I lose at any one time is my apps and whatever's sat on my desktop if I do need to do a complete reformat, something I've only ever needed to do once

How would you repair an XP installation that continuously reboots after installing a USB keyboard and SATA drivers? (It even reboots in safe mode.)

I'd see what the error is. I'd remove all perhipherals and see if it still reboots, I'd disable sata/usb in bios and see if it still reboots and if even that doesn't work I'd do an in place upgrade using the original media

How would you repair another installation which reboots continuously after selecting chkdsk to check the disk on reboot?

You can get out of the chkdsk by pressing esc, if it's rebooting before the chkdsk is happening, safe mode may work, if not, an in place upgrade, again

--
Scott van Looy - email:me@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx | web:www.ethosuk.org.uk
site:www.freakcity.net - the in place for outcasts since 2003

QOTD: