Re: Why most run Microsoft, not RedHat

Claude Jones wrote:
On Tue April 17 2007, Tim wrote:
On Tue, 2007-04-17 at 16:22 -0500, Les Mikesell wrote:
there are three methods known to fix windows problems and you always
try them in this order: (1) reboot, (2), reinstall windows, (3)
reformat.
The three "r"s..., though you're missing the fourth one: Â repeat...

Not my experience at all. I manage around 50-100 machines depending on the time of year and trade winds - been doing it for ten years. I've reinstalled Windows less than 5 times - I've done a fair share of repairs, many more than re-installs, but that saves all the settings and data. There are lots of good reasons to not like Windows, but it gets downright silly sometimes on these lists...

You are a lucky person. In my limited experience with Windows, a re-install has happened more than that. I did try the re-install but that was useless due to all the secondary applications.

Heck, even Steve Ballmer, CEO for Microsoft needs to re-install Windows when it gets to rough.

My biggest headache has always been registry problems.

But that is my experience.

--
Due to the move to M$ Exchange Server,
   anything that is a priority, please phone.