Re: Why is Fedora a multimedia disaster? - Here is why.

Valent Turkovic wrote:
I guess I am missing something here - why would you be trying to
explain file extensions to them in the first place? Would they be
reading the file extension, or looking at the file icon to tell them
what the file is?

Although I respect your opinion, I believe that it's just the other
way around. Majority of people now what an .avi file is when they see
it as an extension, also is true for .mp3

mp3 sems to have become a such a common term that people use it
for any digital audio (cf. 'mp3 player').

--
imalone