Re: ATi Radeon 9550 + Open Source Radeon Driver Crash the Whole Box

On 4/16/07, Guo Lin <golvin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi guys.

I installed Beryl recently on my FC6. It looks great, the animations are
always smooth and elegant on my ATi Radeon 9550. But after using it a while,
it starts crashing my pc, I mean my whole PC, not Beryl itself. When it
crashes, usually it turn off the power of my PC, leaving my power button
blinking, while at other times it just hang my PC ( i.e. cursor, num lock
and everything is not responding).

I tried to let Beryl run on AIGLX and also on XGL + closed source driver,
but both result in these weird crashes.

Could anyone please guide me to overcome this problem? Or did anyone
experience this before?

can anybody help this guy? ... he's my classmate and I have tried to
find the cause of the crash for quite a while but without success ...
the system suddenly goes unresponsive / powered off ...

any information should I try to get from his PC so that I can file a
bugzilla about this? ...

regards
Hikaru
Mohd Izhar Firdaus Bin Ismail