Re: image distortion between fc6 and mac tiger

Marc Wilson wrote:
On Mon, Apr 16, 2007 at 11:56:49AM -0700, Skunk Worx wrote:
I am seeing an odd image distortion between Fedora and Mac Tiger.

http://flashfyre-2000.livejournal.com/3105.html

...on FC6 the slides look normal, on Mac Tiger the slides have an odd tiled background.

<deleted>

And is the color depth set the same on both machines?

Per your comment I have tried both 16 bit and 24 bit depth on my FC6 via xorg.conf and then verified the root window of the display has 16 and 24 planes (respectively) using $ xdpyinfo.

On the Mac Mini, the display preference is set to "Millions of colors" which I assume is 24 bit.

The results are the same.

The two images and the screen capture of Safari display correctly in all apps on FC6, but are distorted and partially tiled in all apps on the Mac Mini.

---
SW