Using oprofiler (gui) with stock kernels

Hi.

I'm seeing some bizarre behavior on my systems with
a threaded app that is making a lot more kernel calls
than it should be.

Wanted to use oprofile to look at that, and maybe some
general performance issues as well.

However, oprofiler needs to be pointed at an uncompressed
kernel image (for whatever reason, it can't read a
compressed /boot/vmlinux* image).

We're running RPM'd binary kernels, so I was wondering
if there was an easy way around this...

Thanks,

-Philip