Re: why ISOLINUX and not GRUB for FC6 rescue CD?

Adam Monsen wrote:
> On 4/14/07, *Adam Monsen* <haircut@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:haircut@xxxxxxxxx>>
> wrote:
>
>     Why does the Fedora Core 6 rescue CD use ISOLINUX instead of GRUB?
>
> [...]
>
> GRUB can certainly be used to create bootable CD-ROMs...
>
> http://www.gnu.org/software/grub/manual/html_node/Making-a-GRUB-bootable-CD-ROM.html

I didn't say it couldn't be done.  Just saying that isolinux was designed
specifically for that function.  So, it was a choice.  Heck, there are many
ways to do "something", so a decision has to be made somehow.

Is the use of isolinux causing you to loose sleep or causing you problems?