Re: Removing LVM

Mark Fraser wrote:

> 1) When booting into Fedora, it still tries to look for the LVM partitions,
> how do I stop it trying?

You need to create a new initrd file for your running kernel in /boot.  You
do that with mkinitrd.  See "man mkinitrd" for details.  Basically, as long
as your /etc/fstab file has no more mention of LVM's mkinitrd will omit the
lvm modules.  To be 100% sure you can specify --omit-lvm-modules.

> 2) I'm not 100% sure I've got GRUB set up correctly, could someone post the
> last few lines of their IIRC init.1st so I can make sure mine is correct.
>
> 3) How do I ensure that both Kubuntu are using the same numbers for their
> users and groups?

Look in /etc/passwd and /etc/group and compare.