Re: OpenOffice Calc biting the dust

Ric Moore wrote:

One thing that is hard to swallow is a spreadsheet that just winks out
of existence in the middle of last minute tax prep. I'll be entering a
column of data then it just winks out. Recovery process starts me almost
at the beginning. Anyone else experiencing this? It's a little bit
un-nerving. Ric

I think there may be some kind of bug in a lib somewhere at the moment. My wife is seeing Firefox dying after some random time on her machine. I ran it under gdb and when it died it was due to an X error

The program 'Gecko' received an X Window System error.
The error was 'BadRequest (invalid request code or no such operation)'.
  (Details: serial 8810105 error_code 1 request_code 0 minor_code 0)

Googling on that turned up a thread blaming problems with GTK for similar behaviour... which might explain why Firefox and OO could both go shaky. Or it could be something else entirely.

I updated her gtk with the one from development but the problem persists.

-Andy