Re: A better, faster desktop search for Linux!

Amadeus W.M. wrote:
Too bad my nautilus is not tracker-enabled. I hope it will be in FC7
and I hope tracker will come standard.
In Fedora 7, nautilus is indeed tracker enabled. It checks at runtime
whether tracker is installed and uses it in preference to Beagle.

Rahul

Excellent decision! Do you happen to know the differences under the hood between beagle and tracker? Why does tracker do what it does with far less cpu power? I remember beagle had something to do with mono?

Tracker supports less formats for metadata searches than Beagle and is written in C while Beagle is written in mono.

Rahul