Re: [OT] For UK residents only - "Unlimited" broadband

On Tuesday 10 April 2007 16:07:34 Mark Haney wrote:
> Manuel Arostegui Ramirez wrote:

> >> You've never tried running IP over SMS messages then. Which it must be
> >> admitted may be one of the reasons for the 3000 message cap
> >> appearing....
> >
> > Maybe I misunderstand you, but, apart from that (supposing you have some
> > kind of monitoring system such as pandora or nagios which send sms
> > messages when an alert is fire, for example), 3000 is a huge amount of
> > texts. I'm sure I'd not be able to exceed it anyways...
>
> I scoff in your general direction (humor intended) my 16 yo daughter
> coughed up that many in a week.  Trust me, 3000 isn't all that much. :)

Well, of course it's much depending on the scenario you're working or dealing
with :-)
For me it's too much, even if you use those texts to keep an eye on your
servers by using your mobile, as I described in my other mail. I didn't think
about being a 16 year-old boy or girl...but you let her to send those texts?
Who pays? It's your fault then :-)

--
Manuel Arostegui Ramirez.

be used for urgent or sensitive issues.