Re: Add/Remove Programs oddity

On 4/9/07, Mark Fraser <fedora@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
In article <f84880b00704090822l483c1f06xa6c2277d09d56a3e@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
   Kam Leo <kam.leo@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 4/9/07, Mark Fraser <fedora@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Just been into add/remove programs intending to have a look at Koffice,
> > but I noticed that all the sections under applications were listed as
> > KDE (K Desktop Environment) apart from Editors. I'm also getting this
> > with Kyum and yum extender.
> >
> > Also, there are 2 entries for a few of the applications such as koffice
> > and both seem to be for the same package.
> >
> > Is this something I've done or a more general problem and how can it be
> > fixed?

Graphics> > Kyum is gui for yum. yum is a CLI application. Kyum
depends on yum. Are
> you complaining that yum is included under KDE?

No, what I'm saying is that even with Add/Remove programs (pirut) instead
of entries like 'Multimedia' and 'Office' under the applications section
I'm just getting 'KDE (K Desktop Environment)' apart from one which is
still listed as 'Editors'.

Your post makes no sense to me.  If I choose View->Browse two panel
are presented:

Left Panel
========
Desktop Environment
Multimeida
Development
Servers
Base System
Languages
Uncategorized

Right Panel
=========
Authoring and Publishing
Editors
Educational Software
Engineering and Scientific
Games and Entertainment
Graphical Internet
Graphics
Office/Productivity
Sound and Video
Text-based Internet

Do you have the same or you complaining about optional packages?