laptop: cpu frequency after Suspend mode

Hello,

After my machine wakes up from Suspend mode I have my cpu stuck on 1600MHz frequency which makes the fan to spin even when system is in idle. The normal operation frequency is 800MHz which raises to 1600MHz under heavy load, because I have GOVERNOR=ondemand in my /etc/cpuspeed.conf

After I do

# cpufreq-selector -f 800000

everything comes back to normal and cpuspeed works like it supposed to. However, I believe is not a proper behavior.

My system is FC6 x86_64 Compaq Presario v2404us.

--
regards,
Oleksandr Korneta

/The nice thing about standards is that there are so many to choose from./