Re: Need (apt and synaptic)

On 4/7/07, Kam Leo <kam.leo@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 4/7/07, Kevin Kofler <kevin.kofler@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Kam Leo <kam.leo <at> gmail.com> writes:
> > > apt-rpm actually supports yum repomd repositories now. If you look closer
> > > at the default sources.list.d entries, you'll notice that they're all
> > > repomd repositories. You just have to add a line to sources.list or to a
> > > new file in sources.list.d for planetccrma to get it to work with current
> > > apt-rpm.
> >
> > Get a head start by installing from Extras fedora-package-config-apt or
>
> That's actually what I mean by "the default sources.list.d entries". But these
> only have entries for the Fedora repositories (and even there, the master
> server, not the mirrors you should use), not third-party repositories,
> obviously.

You have to admit the packagers are even handed. There are no
favorites. Yum mirrors also get the same treatment.

By the way, being geographically close does not a fast or reliable
mirror make. Been there with the mirrorslist.

Also, one of the reasons for third party repositories not being list
is that many were not ready for/sync'ed to the core release. For
example, Plannetccrma fell off my apt repository list after FC2 came
out. The site never seemed to be ready for the next Fedora release.