Re: Trying to get wireless card to work in FC6

kalinix <calin.kalinix.cosma <at> gmail.com> writes:

> and download their latest stable release. Once you removed all your
> livna/any other rpms, untar the sources, cd madwifi, type make and then
> (as root) make install.
>
> Make sure you have the appropriate kernel headers. After you ran make
> install, again as root edit /etc/modprobe.conf and change "alias wifi0
> ath_pci" to "alias ath0 ath_pci".

OK Calin

Thanks

I did have also the other lines in my modprobe.conf file
alias ath0 ath_pci
options ath_pci autocreate=sta
alias wifi0 ath_pci

It sounds like maybe I need to remove the last two?

I had already tried the latest stable version which did compile and install
without error - but I could not get it to work correctly and associate.

I will try again in the next day or so and post error messages from the console
and the /var/log/messages. Also I tried NetworkManager but that did not seem to
work either.

If anyone has got a specific version of madwifi to function properly with fc6
with the kernel 2.6.20-1.2933.fc6 then details on the steps to make it work once
the driver is installed would be appreciated - as I am not sure if the
information on the madwifi site is right up to date or not?

Thanks
Mike