Trying to get wireless card to work in FC6

I am using FC6 with KDE as a desktop and fully up to date on kernel
2.6.20-1.2933.fc6.

I have a D-Link G650 card with an atheros chipset.

I have been unable to get this card working despite various attempts with
different versions of madwifi.  I initially tried kmod-madwifi from Livna. Then
I followed the how-to from
http://fedoraforum.org/forum/printthread.php?t=126266&page=1&pp=15

I tried both the latest madwifi version 0.9.3 as well as the new generation
snapshot from 6th April madwifi-ng-r2256-20070406.tar.gz

Nothing seems to work.

In addition I have a Cisco Aironet 350 pcmcia card - this used to work directly
by plugging it in for fc5 and previously - but does not play with the new
kernels in fc6.

Does anyone have any pointers to getting either card going with an up to date
fc6 system with kernel 2.6.20-1.2933.fc6

Thanks