Re: Using Badram/Badmem in Fedora 6 or 7?

On Fri, Apr 06, 2007 08:14:53 AM +0200, A.J. Bonnema
(abonnema@xxxxxxxxx) wrote:

> If you can spare the money, consider buying new memory. My
> experience with bad memory is: it only gets worse...

I agree, but everybody has different needs, skills and possibilities.

Since this is not a mission critical server, I really dislike to throw
away a 1GB stick only because a few KBytes are corrupted.

If using badram in FC 6/7 means to spare 70/80 Euros, or even just
delay that expense for a few months with 2/3 hour hacking, then it is
a learning experience that, at least for me, is certainly worth the
effort.

Of course, should it turn out that I have to stop working for a whole
week or more to recompile/test/debug badram/FC then yes, for me it
would start to make much more sense to just buy a new module. Even if
I were sure that the memory stick wouldn't fail again.

So, any pointer/experience on how badram works in FC6/7 is still very
welcome.

	Ciao,
		Marco
--
The best way to make everybody love Free Standards and Free Software:
http://digifreedom.net/node/73