Re: How to run an executable from dvd

Mikkel L. Ellertson wrote:
Hard way:
Create a file in /usr/share/hal/fdi/policy/95userpolicy/ called
dvd.fdi with something like:

<deviceinfo version="0.2">
 <device>
       <match key="storage.drive_type" string="cdrom">
        <append key="volume.mount.valid_options"
type="strlist">ro</append>
        <merg key="volume.mount.valid_options"
type="strlist">sync</append>
        <append key="volume.mount.valid_options"
type="strlist">dirsync</append>
        <append key="volume.mount.valid_options"
type="strlist">noatime</append>
        <append key="volume.mount.valid_options"
type="strlist">nodiratime</appe
        <append key="volume.mount.valid_options"
type="strlist">quiet</append>
        <append key="volume.mount.valid_options"
type="strlist">remount</append>
        <append key="volume.mount.valid_options"
type="strlist">exec</append>
        </match>
 </device>
</deviceinfo>

I am not sure I have it correct, and I have not tested it. I am
still learning to create HAL rules. I am not sure if the "append
key" in the first rule will replace the old mount option list.
Hopefully, someone that know HAL or XML will correct me.

Mikkel

Great! I really had no idea how to influence the automatic mounting.
I am going to have a look at hal and then check your rules against their docs. See what happens.
Thanks for the tip.

BTW I already adjusted the fstab, but as you said, that does not help the automatic loading that GNOME or KDE or whatever does.

THanks.

Guus.
--
A.J. Bonnema, Leiden The Netherlands,