Re: How to run an executable from dvd

Mikkel L. Ellertson wrote:
Check the mount options used to mount the DVD. If I remember
correctly, the noexec option is used by default. (Running the mount
command will show all mounts.) You may have to use gnome-mount with
the -o option to specify your own options when mounting the DVD. The
gnome-mount name page also gives you some options on making sure
that DVD always gets mounted the way you want.

Mikkel

Hi Mikkel,

You are quite right. The mount command shows:

<paste>
[root@athene setuptl]# mount | grep hda
/dev/hda on /media/TeXLive2007 type iso9660 (ro,noexec,nosuid,nodev,noatime,uid=1000,utf8)
[root@athene setuptl]#
</paste>

So I need to find a way to have hda mounted with exec permission *by default*. So I don't have do a manual mount every time I insert a dvd or cd.

I found no such option in either ControlCenter or in gnome.

Do you have any idea how you can do that?

Guus.
--
A.J. Bonnema, Leiden The Netherlands,
user #328198 (Linux Counter http://counter.li.org)