Re: New notebook and high CPU usage and no speed control.

tsimi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Hi,

I have a new Lenovo notebook I have loaded FC6 on.  But, the CPU as reported by System Monitor as well a gkrellm hovers at 50% all the time.  I have very few services running.  Below is the output of uptime and  pa ax, bot run as root.

You need to run 'top', to see what's chewing on the CPU.

Also, the CPU speed is always at 1Ghz and never at 2Ghz, even when on AC.

See what /proc/cpuinfo says.