Re: Wine problem on FC6, libGL error, freeze program

On Thu, Apr 05, 2007 at 08:40:32AM -0400, Brian Porter wrote:
> >For my Wine problem, I think it has little to do with the display
> >driver.  It should be the problem of Wine 0.9.32 shipped with FC6. I
> >just wonder is there anybody here has a successful run of Wine in
> >default configuration as non-root?  I knew it seems silly to ask that,
> >but I just wonder...   :)
> >
> I have successfully run winecfg (wine 0.9.32) as non-root under FC6
> (kernel 2.6.20-1.2933.fc6) using the 1.0.9755 proprietary nVidia driver.
> My OpenGL version is 2.1.0 NVIDIA 97.55.
>
> I have not yet been able to spend time to get my Windoze application
> running under Wine so I haven't done anything else besides run winecfg.

Thanks! So... there must be something wrong with MY FC6 installation.
I can't run winecfg nor notepad.

But I've some new discoveries, one is that the non-GUI Windows
applications run WELL on my laptop!  I've tried a little command line
EXE I wrote by using Delphi years ago and it ran well, while other GUI
program such as winecfg or notepad still hang on some point.

Another discovery is that for notepad, if I waited long enough (10s)
and didn't touch any key during waiting, it will show the GUI
and... hang, the Windows won't redraw if covered, and no response to
any action.  For Winecfg, if I waited long enough (10s) and didn't
touch any key during waiting, it show an empty window frame, and hang.

So it seems have something to do with the GDI libraries??

That's really odd.  Have any idea for further scoop?

--
Sincerely yours,

Li, Yan