Re: sounds stopped suddenly?

I think it did....

Now soundcard detection works and the test sounds works too... but then when I try to play an mp3 for example no sound. I tried a whole bunch of different other things for sound too...and nothing...
alsamixer did not show anything with the levels low...

On 4/5/07, Aaron Konstam <akonstam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx > wrote:
On Wed, 2007-04-04 at 17:32 -0400, Phil wrote:
> So my sound does not work... I am using FC6.
> It used to work fine.
>
> Is there a way to reinstall all the sound related stuff? How do I do
> that?
> Any suggestions?
In addition to the other good suggestions, I have one more question. Did
thsi happen right after a yum update? If so run alsmixer. I found a yum
update changed the levels of the channels in the alsamixer display.