Re: FC6 install failure Intel DG965WH motherboard

Peter,
It makes no difference whether hardrives are set to be RAID, IDE or ACHI. I have installed from this DVD to another identical machine (with RAID 1) step up without this difficulty.

If I try the two options you noted below, it still shuts down. If I try a text install, the same. If I use 'linux noprobe' then there is no way for me to get to the ide DVD play installed - the BIOS does see this and reports is okay.

To rule out any problems with usb, I switched to a PS/2 keyboard and unpluged the USB mouse.

  It shutsdown if I try 'linux mediacheck'. etc.

I am stumpted. The BIOS version is identical to the other machine which is running and I have tried reproducing the identical BIOS settings without luck. For that reason I don't see any reason to try and upgrade the BIOS.

I am stumped - - - and I have already wasted far too much time including returning one motherboard because I thought it was defective.

Anyone have any other ideas. I will not be back to this till tomorrow evening, and then I am on call both Friday and Sunday so they are shot. Looks like this new server may never see the light of day.

Thanks again,

Bob