Re: OO 2.2 for FC4 RPM ?

On 4/4/07, Michael Wiktowy <michael.wiktowy@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Well, I need this working in the next week or two, so waiting for FC7 full
> release isn't an option and - frankly - I don't have the time in the short
> term to take the FC7T3 upgrade in case it doesn't work and I have to spend
> time reloading significant amount of disk.
>
> Could I simply grab a source tarball and build it here, or does OO only
> come in binary form ?

You could always grab the source rpm from Rawhide and rebuild it on
FC4 with rpmbuild. I am not sure what the build requirements are
though. It might require some newer desktop libs, cairo, etc. that
might be tricky to satisfy.

As a side question: does the Fedora language packages still work with
openoffice.org rpms?

Paul