Re: OO 2.2 for FC4 RPM ?

Matthew,

> Fedora Core 4 is no longer supported for security updates. You really should
> upgrade as soon as possible -- not just for your own sake but for the rest
> of the internet as well.
>
> Unfortunately, no released version of Fedora has OpenOffice 2.2, and I don't
> think it'll be backported to FC6 (although it might be). On the bright side,
> though, Fedora 7 Test 3 is quite stable and does include the new version.
> That may be the best way, to answer your question.

Well, I need this working in the next week or two, so waiting for FC7 full
release isn't an option and - frankly - I don't have the time in the short
term to take the FC7T3 upgrade in case it doesn't work and I have to spend
time reloading significant amount of disk.

Could I simply grab a source tarball and build it here, or does OO only
come in binary form ?

Jonathan