Re: Wine problem on FC6, libGL error, freeze program

Thank you Dan!

On Tue, Apr 03, 2007 at 02:52:28PM -0700, Dan Kegel wrote:
> Yan Li wrote:
> >I just installed Wine by using "yum install wine", nothing else.
> >[Running winecfg hangs after a few libGL errors.]
> >A bit more info:
> >FC6 running on a IBM ThinkPad T43p, KDE desktop, full updated, default
> >open source display driver. The video card is ATi FireGL V3200.
>
> What does
>  wine -v
> say?

I'm sorry, did you mean "wine --version"?  My wine doesn't support
"-v":

[liyan@yantp ~]$ wine -v
wine: could not load L"c:\\windows\\system32\\-v.exe": Module not found
[liyan@yantp ~]$ wine --version
wine-0.9.32
[liyan@yantp ~]$ wine --help
Usage: wine PROGRAM [ARGUMENTS...]   Run the specified program
       wine --help                   Display this help and exit
       wine --version                Output version information and exit

> I can't find wine in
> http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/6/i386/os/Fedora/RPMS/

It's in the extra:
http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/extras/6/i386/wine-0.9.32-1.fc6.i386.rpm

> Does the same problem happen with the latest version of Wine from
> winehq.org?

Haven't tried yet.  I'll try it later.  And that's why I posted my
problem here rather than on Wine's mailing list.  I thought it's
likely to be a Fedora specific problem.  :)

Winehq doesn't offer an latest RPM for Red Hat and the compiling takes
some time so I'll try it later when I have some more time.

> Or with fc5?

Sorry, I can't find an FC5 machine now.  I'll try.

> Does switching X.org drivers make the problem go away?
> (If you decide to try the proprietary fglrx drivers, see
>  http://wiki.winehq.org/fglrx
> for an important workaround to an unfortunate conflict
> between Wine and the fgrlx fast mode.)

Yeah, I knew that workaround.  And I tried the ATi proprietary driver
from Livna repo (xorg-x11-drv-fglrx-8.34.8-10.lvn6).  Although that
error message was gone, the problem was still there.

> You should probably take this question to the wine-users mailing list
> or to the usenet group
> (e.g. http://groups.google.com/group/comp.emulators.ms-windows.wine/topics )

Thank you. I'll post it there after I tried the latest Wine.   :)

--
Sincerely yours,

Li, Yan