Re: smart gone wild

On Tue, Apr 03, 2007 at 10:30:40PM -0800, Kam Leo wrote:
> On 4/3/07, Ric Moore <wayward4now@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >smart keeps trying to update packages from atrpms when the fedora repos
> >would do just fine, and atrpms seems to be down. I'm trying to beat
> >smart like a white mouth mule into NOT using atrpms so I can finish up a
> >half baked update. I've unchecked it, set it to priority -3 and it still
> >goes there like a dog to it's vomit trying to update the open office
> >packages from atrpms and freezes up. (Biblically speaking here)
> >
> >It's making me nuts. I don't even see the openoffice packages there, yet
> >this damn thing insists on using the site. What gives? Is there a shiny
> >red button to push? I know "red" isn't a good color to push, but I'm at
> >that stage. This is maddening and I'm about half crazed anyway. Ric

Unfortunately smart (and apt) don't know about yum's mirroring
support. So if a mirror is inaccessible you need to manually point it
to another mirror or the master site (download.fedora.redhat.com).

> Get help on smart:
>
> "smart --help"
> "smart channel --help"
>
> >From command line:
>
> 1. Turn off/disable atrmps: "smart channel --disable atrmps"

He doesn't have problems with atrpms (atrpms doesn't carry any
openoffice stuff), but with the mirror hosted there, so turning off
atrpms will not help. FWIW the mirror is back online again.

--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net