Re: Fedora 5 or Fedora 6

On 4/3/07, frank wang <yixiaodafang@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Thank you all for the help.

The ifconfig deos not provide too much info for this. It is almost
same except of the ip address.

I have reinstalled the fedora 6 and tried yum. I got the same error
message. Since I could not login to gmail, I have to copy it here:

yum check-update

Setting up repositories
Could not retrieve mirrorlist
http://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/mirrorlist?repo=core-6&arch=i386 erro
was
[Error 4] IOError: <urlopen erro (110, '\xe8\xbf\x9e\xe6\x8e\xa5\xe8\xb6\x85\xe6
x97\xb6')>
Error: Cannot find a valid baseurl for repo: core

Can anyone help me to figure this out?

Thanks

Frank

On 4/3/07, Claude Jones <claude_jones@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Tue April 3 2007, Paul Osunero wrote:
> > And about bug fixes... isn't Fedora 5 still supported?
>
> I can't remember or find the support schedule, now. As I recall, support for
> the previous version ends when the subsequent version has released it's third
> test release - I could be completely wrong, however. In any event FC5 support
> won't last very much longer, at best months, I'd guess.
>
> --
> Claude Jones
> Brunswick, MD, USA

I really hate posters who moan, groan and use generalities to describe
their problem.
VMware makes numerous products  Please provide the following so we do
not have to play 20 questions.

1. Which VMware product (server, workstation, or player) are you using?
2. What is the version of that product?
3. What is the host OS?
4. What is the version of the FC6 kernel?
5. If you are using VMware Workstation have you patched VMware Tools
so that it will compile without errors? (Hint, you need to manually
patch vmxnet.c for it to work with kernels 2.6.19 and above.)