Re: Fedora 5 or Fedora 6

Thank you all for the help.

The ifconfig deos not provide too much info for this. It is almost
same except of the ip address.

I have reinstalled the fedora 6 and tried yum. I got the same error
message. Since I could not login to gmail, I have to copy it here:

yum check-update

Setting up repositories
Could not retrieve mirrorlist
http://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/mirrorlist?repo=core-6&arch=i386 erro
was
[Error 4] IOError: <urlopen erro (110, '\xe8\xbf\x9e\xe6\x8e\xa5\xe8\xb6\x85\xe6
x97\xb6')>
Error: Cannot find a valid baseurl for repo: core

Can anyone help me to figure this out?

Thanks

Frank

On 4/3/07, Claude Jones <claude_jones@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Tue April 3 2007, Paul Osunero wrote:
> And about bug fixes... isn't Fedora 5 still supported?

I can't remember or find the support schedule, now. As I recall, support for
the previous version ends when the subsequent version has released it's third
test release - I could be completely wrong, however. In any event FC5 support
won't last very much longer, at best months, I'd guess.

--
Claude Jones
Brunswick, MD, USA