Re: Info on options to yumdownloader

Ahmed A wrote:
> Thank you very much again, for the info.  Please dis-regard my
> previous email, as you have answered my questions in this email.

Ahh, cool.  I'm glad I kept reading as it saved me some typing. :)

> I guess, the instructions in the release-note are not that clear /
> accurate.

I agree that they aren't.  The yumdownloader command should be updated
to also show that <version> should be used in order to download a
particular version of the kernel.

Since the instructions say that the intent is to use the currently
running kernel, I think that the use of <version> could be replaced by
$(uname -r) and then the commands could be copied and pasted by
readers.

> Basically, yumdownloader does not check any version of
> currently-running system/components.  Atleast thats my finding.

That's correct.  Yum and yumdownloader will always look for the newest
version available when you only specify a package name.

We are free not because we claim freedom, but because we PRACTICE it.
    -- William Faulkner