Video is terrible in FC6

I have 2 boxes with the same mobo and monitor, different
video cards. One has ATI radeon 9600 pro and works just
fine with a CRT or an LCD (both LCD monitors died budget
currently won't support replacing them). The other ha(s/d)
an nvidia quadro4 900 xgl, it worked just fine with an LCD
but with a CRT it only works at 60 refresh rate no matter
the resolution. Any other refresh rate causes the screen to
wobble from the second it boots in all screen
modes(text/GUI). Also the refresh rate gets set back to 85
when the box boots so I have to set it back to 60.

I swapped the two CRT monitors between the two boxes. (ok,
not the monitor), used an extra video cable (ok, not the
cable). Pulled the nvidia card and used an SIS card. (ok,
not the video card). No change after doing any of these.

Any one have any ideas?

--
If the word following begins with
a vowel, the word you want is...