Re: Is Fedora 6 fit in IBM A21 notebook?

Alan Cox ha scritto:
On Tue, 3 Apr 2007 13:55:23 -0700
"frank wang" <yixiaodafang@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

My impression is that Linux requires less hardware resources than
window XP. I could run window XP on this machine. Am I right?

I want to get rid of the window xp on this machine since window xp
keeps updates, virus, worms, and it puts a lot of files into
differenct places and eventually slowdonw the system.

It depends what desktop software you pick. Gnome or KDE (the standard
desktops) are happiest at 256-512MB as they include all the "eye candy"
and windows like stuff.

There are lighter weight desktop environments such as Xfce in extras that
are fast on a 128MB machine.

Alan

I have a system with a 1.667Mhz for processor and 512 MB of Ram. Fedora run so fine!

--
Vincenzo Di Biaggio