Re: Is Fedora 6 fit in IBM A21 notebook?

On Tuesday 03 April 2007 9:55:23 pm frank wang wrote:
> My impression is that Linux requires less hardware resources than
> window XP. I could run window XP on this machine. Am I right?

I would tend to disagree with what Rick says - 512M of ram is really not that
tight IMHO and FC should run fine. I was until recently running FC6 on a dell
laptop with 512M. It was perfectly fine running a desktop plus most normal
apps.

I did upgrade to 1G ram and things where a *bit* better of course, but this
was just because I needed to develop some very ram hungry applications, not
because FC6 really needed the boost itself.

Chris