Re: VNC Problem

Gene Lapointe" <gene@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

In my xstartup file, i also had this line
> > [ -x /etc/vnc/xstartup ] && exec /etc/vnc/xstartup.
> > > My xstartup may have been carried forward from a previous release. > Seems to work fine though. The main thing is to comment out the > xsetroot, vncconfig, and xterm entries. These won't affect just getting > things working but the default is minimal. > Ok, we're getting somewhere. /etc/vnc/xstartup doesn't exist.
If /etc/vnc/xstartup doesn't exist, [ -x /etc/vnc/xstartup ] && exec /etc/vnc/xstartup will fail and vnc won't work. Try converting your .vnc/xstartup to use exec /etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc. I've included my .vnc/xstartup below if you just want to drop a copy into ~/.vnc on one of your systems to see if it works for you.
> You might want to check that /etc/vnc/xstartup exists and is executable > by your VNC user (none of my systems with vnc-server installed have that > file). If not, try using the relevant portion of the .vnc/xstartup I > provided instead. > > Cheers,
> Dave
~/.vnc/xstartup:

#!/bin/sh

# Uncomment the following two lines for normal desktop:
unset SESSION_MANAGER
exec /etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc

[ -r $HOME/.Xresources ] && xrdb $HOME/.Xresources
# xsetroot -solid grey
# vncconfig -iconic &
# xterm -geometry 80x24+10+10 -ls -title "$VNCDESKTOP Desktop" &
gnome-session

-- Ambrose Bierce