Re: emacs problem

François Patte <francois.patte@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> 1- Clipboard: it seems that there is a specific clipboard for Emacs
> under Fedora/Gnome; I am unable to copy something from any other
> application and paste it in emacs.  It is always the last thing
> copied/cut *in* emacs which is pasted in emacs

I get that *sometimes* too, but only when text in emacs is
actively selected, but I use transient-mark-mode.  If you
use transient-mark-mode then try clicking in the emacs window
to un-select whatever was selected, then you can select from
another window.

--
Donald Arseneau                          asnd@xxxxxxxxx