RE: Trying to Boot Directly into the GUI and other Display Problems

Chris,

Thanks for making me look at inittab again!  When I went through it trying
to debug this problem, I saw the last two lines which have a reference to
runlevel 5.  Your prompt resulted in me studying it in detail and decoding
the default runlevel block at the top of the file.

As far as the monitor goes, I ended up picking a ViewSonic similar to the
one I have and the "OK" button became active.  Don't quite understand the
Generic CRT and Generic LCD options, but the machine is now running
1280x1024.

Oh happy day!

Thanks for the help!

Don